- a Mid-Atlantic state; one of the original 13 colonies
- a river that rises in the Catskills in southeastern New York and flows southward along the border of Pennsylvania with New York and New Jersey to northern Delaware where it empties into Delaware Bay
- A state in the eastern US, on the Atlantic coast;; pop. 683,600; capital, Dover; statehood, Dec. 7, 1787 (1). One of the original thirteen states, it was the first to ratify the US Constitution
- one of the British colonies that formed the United States
- A river in the northeastern US that rises in the Catskill Mountains in New York and flows south for about 280 miles (450 km) to northern Delaware, where it meets the Atlantic Ocean at Delaware Bay. For much of its length it forms the eastern border of Pennsylvania
St. Patrick's Day in Delaware!
Nothing quite like an 8:00am business-class Amtrak ride to Wilmington (I was running a bit late and freaking out I'd miss meeting Antonio and the train). It turned out to be actually quite nice. I had a really great ham, cheese and egg breakfast sandwich in the club car, washed it down with a diet coke, and called Julie (since I'd left before she really woke up).
Jonas picked us up at the station, and we proceeded to have an eight hour meeting at the First Wives World offices with Joe A., Brian Kilroy and Ann-Marie. After the marathon brainstorm, Brian drove Antonio back to the train station, and Ann-Marie and Joe took us to a nearby bar for a drink. Afterwards, Jonas and I came back to his parents house and had a really great dinner (perfectly cooked steak appetizers with cheese and wine, and then rare filet, asparagus and pot
atoes for dinner—and much more wine). I wish I'd gotten a shot of Jonas beating me at pool (I lost $10 over two games) at their pool table downstairs—it was freezing cold, so I had to wear my jacket, but it was fun. We came upstairs for *yet more wine*, and talked about all manner of things: skiing, space-travel, strange bed-and-breakfast experiences involving a dog named Bogie, and Ron Howard. I'm now in the guest room, preparing for bed... technically, I should do some writing, but I just don't know if it's realistic.
The only downer from the day, was that Movie wasn't feeling so well apparently. She yiped this morning when Jules tried to pick her up, and then was shaking and not seeming well for the whole
day. Julie called the vet, and stayed in with her, but she didn't seem to be in pain, though never really seemed to fully recover. She's been acting funny. She's going to keep an eye on her tomorrow. I hope everything will be fine. I love that dog!
This St. Patrick's Day:
No Asians in Delaware.
Plenty of green beer.